- a19372846abcd: #ntust #sunlight #green #taiwan #taipei (在...
- a19372846abcd: #yonghe #taiwan #taipei #sunlight #summer (在...
- Character #497: 辦The character 辦（ㄅㄢˋ） means to handle something,...
- Horizontal text written from left to right
- Horizontal text written from right to left.
- Character #496: 緊The character 緊（ㄐㄧㄣˇ） means tight, or urgent....
- sendmetoasia: 桐花。火車 (by ~小洲~) 臺灣平溪線火車
- cosmosparadise: Taiwanese vendors in 九份.
頁面 | Pages
熱門文章和頁面 | Top Posts and Pages
- Music to the PBS documentary "The Buddha"
- Japanese hairstyle websites
- Anthony Bourdain went to Taipei!
- 有關台灣的國際新聞網站 | International news sites and Taiwan
- Drama review: 怪俠一枝梅 (The Vigilantes In Masks)
- Names of numbers in Chinese
- 關於 | About
- Why I carry a sun umbrella
- Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey, California
- Word of the week #33: peony
分類 | Categories
標籤 | Tags
彙整 | Archives
搜尋 | Search
我訂閱的網誌 | Blogs I Follow
我喜歡的文章 | Posts I Like
社區 | Community
版權 | Copyright
© 2010-2013, Thinking About Languages. Unauthorized use and/ or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/ or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Thinking About Languages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Category Archives: Taiwan
I was really confused when I saw 張鈞甯 in commercials for State Farm. As far as I know, Sate Farm does not do business in Taiwan. So, did they hire a Taiwanese actress to do Chinese language commercials in the … Continue reading
I didn’t really like the “new format” I used for the last two “News about Taiwan” posts. I think it’s better to have the name, source, and date of the article written out, rather than trying to mention it in … Continue reading
The 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show occurred from March 26 to 29. This report from March 29, 2013 has some highlights and pictures. The Financial Times has two articles from March 31, 2013 on Taiwan. The first has to do … Continue reading
I’m changing the format a little for these “News about Taiwan” posts. I’m going to try to combine my thoughts with the article link rather than a list with some commentary afterward. The lists were getting a little boring. The … Continue reading
A while ago, I’ve noticed a few articles about names lately: “My Starbucks name” from The Economist, “Pronunciation Pronouncement” from KQED, and “A Quvenzhane by Any Other Name… (Storified)” from NPR. All three articles resonated with me. I don’t have … Continue reading
Screen capture from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan: The Beautiful Isle homepage (taken March 24, 2013). Lonely Planet is running a promotion titled Taiwan: The Beautiful Isle. The promotion is in conjunction with the Taiwan Tourism Bureau. The first prize is a … Continue reading
The show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) has released an episode about 台灣包種茶. 包種茶 is a type of Taiwanese tea. The episode also explains the differences between teas harvested during different seasons. The process … Continue reading
“Krispy Kreme plans expansion into Taiwan” [News & Observer; March 05, 2013] Krispy Kreme is planning to open ten shops in Taiwan. This is curious since Dunkin’ Doughnuts left Taiwan not too long ago. “Taiwan Needs Japan as Much as … Continue reading
As the World Baseball Classic was set to begin, it occurred to me that we would have an interesting situation with the first round Pool B games happening in Taiwan and the Taiwan team going by the name of Chinese … Continue reading