- jasoncrazy: 要用對方法！ (at 枋寮車站)
- Character #500: 壞The character 壞（ㄏㄨㄞˋ） means bad. Here is the...
- lettersfromtaiwan: A visual representation of some of the...
- rockpolin: Go to work…….. On the taxi. #taipei #taiwan #tw...
- Character #499: 識The character 識（ㄕˋ） means to know or to...
- shihlun: The first Taiwanese pilot YANG Chin-shi (楊清溪) and his...
頁面 | Pages
熱門文章和頁面 | Top Posts and Pages
- French-ruled paper, Séyès paper
- State Farm's Chinese language advertisements featuring 張鈞甯 and 何潤東
- Fashion timeline of Chinese women's clothing (link)
- Japanese hairstyle websites
- 山本海苔店 x HelloKitty
- Music to the PBS documentary "The Buddha"
- Uniqlo pop-up now open in San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain went to Taipei!
- A foreign language scene on "NCIS: Los Angeles"
- Taiwan and the Olympics: flags and names
分類 | Categories
標籤 | Tags
彙整 | Archives
搜尋 | Search
我訂閱的網誌 | Blogs I Follow
我喜歡的文章 | Posts I Like
社區 | Community
版權 | Copyright
© 2010-2013, Thinking About Languages. Unauthorized use and/ or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/ or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Thinking About Languages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Chinese
I was really confused when I saw 張鈞甯 in commercials for State Farm. As far as I know, Sate Farm does not do business in Taiwan. So, did they hire a Taiwanese actress to do Chinese language commercials in the … Continue reading
There seems to be some confusion between traditional and simplified Chinese characters in The Weather Channel tablet application. When the language of the tablet is set to Traditional Chinese, the app shows a mix of English and Chinese. I don’t … Continue reading
The show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) has released an episode about 台灣包種茶. 包種茶 is a type of Taiwanese tea. The episode also explains the differences between teas harvested during different seasons. The process … Continue reading
I didn’t realize the episode on 基隆廟口夜市 (Keelung temple entrance night market) from the show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) was going to be two parts. I posted about the first part here. The … Continue reading
Anthony Bourdain made his first stop in “The Layover” at 基隆廟口夜市 (Keelung temple entrance night market). The show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) also has an episode on the market. The episode explains the … Continue reading
I decided to take part in a Chinese New Year virtual potluck and giveaway at Appetite for China. Participants will receive a copy of Diana’s cookbook, “The Chinese Takeout Cookbook,” and be entered to win a couple of prizes. I … Continue reading
打鐵 is striking iron and is introduced through the tools used in growing and harvesting rice. The 肉圓 described in this episode is different from the 肉圓 in a prior episode. This episode is about 肉圓 from 新竹, while the … Continue reading
I first read about the staging of “The Peony Pavilion” at the Metropolitan Museum of Art from an article on NPR. The original opera can take roughly 22 hours. This adaptation focuses on the love story and takes roughly one … Continue reading
The show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) has released another episode about 台灣小吃. This time the episode is about 生煎包 and 蔥油餅. The history focus of these two snacks are the Nationalists that fled … Continue reading