- shihlun: The first Taiwanese pilot YANG Chin-shi (楊清溪) and his...
- Character #498: 錯The character 錯（ㄘㄨㄛˋ） means mistake or fault....
- a19372846abcd: #ntust #sunlight #green #taiwan #taipei (在...
- a19372846abcd: #yonghe #taiwan #taipei #sunlight #summer (在...
- Character #497: 辦The character 辦（ㄅㄢˋ） means to handle something,...
- Horizontal text written from left to right
- Horizontal text written from right to left.
頁面 | Pages
熱門文章和頁面 | Top Posts and Pages
- Japanese hairstyle websites
- Anthony Bourdain went to Taipei!
- Taiwan and the Olympics: flags and names
- Music to the PBS documentary "The Buddha"
- One pot rice cooker meal
- State Farm's Chinese language advertisements featuring 張鈞甯 and 何潤東
- Time travel through time zones
- UNESCO's list of endangered languages
- 文化 | Cultures
- Drama review: 怪俠一枝梅 (The Vigilantes In Masks)
分類 | Categories
標籤 | Tags
彙整 | Archives
搜尋 | Search
我訂閱的網誌 | Blogs I Follow
我喜歡的文章 | Posts I Like
社區 | Community
版權 | Copyright
© 2010-2013, Thinking About Languages. Unauthorized use and/ or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/ or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Thinking About Languages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: food
I read a really good article regarding food authenticity titled “Time to eat” on the Financial Times website. It lead me to articles by Polly Russell (also on the Financial Times) that analyzes historical cookbooks.
I didn’t realize the episode on 基隆廟口夜市 (Keelung temple entrance night market) from the show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) was going to be two parts. I posted about the first part here. The … Continue reading
Anthony Bourdain made his first stop in “The Layover” at 基隆廟口夜市 (Keelung temple entrance night market). The show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) also has an episode on the market. The episode explains the … Continue reading
I decided to take part in a Chinese New Year virtual potluck and giveaway at Appetite for China. Participants will receive a copy of Diana’s cookbook, “The Chinese Takeout Cookbook,” and be entered to win a couple of prizes. I … Continue reading
我比較喜歡吃亞式蛋糕。美式蛋糕有時太甜，有時奶油太多。今年我特別找亞式蛋糕。Paris Baguette 是一間韓國法式麵包店。雖然食品是法式，可是口味是亞式。連蛋糕上的裝飾也是亞洲風格。吃了一口之後，就想起台灣的蛋糕。真好吃!
打鐵 is striking iron and is introduced through the tools used in growing and harvesting rice. The 肉圓 described in this episode is different from the 肉圓 in a prior episode. This episode is about 肉圓 from 新竹, while the … Continue reading
The show 經典天下 (The World of Classics) on 新唐人電視台 (New Tang Dynasty Television) has released another episode about 台灣小吃. This time the episode is about 生煎包 and 蔥油餅. The history focus of these two snacks are the Nationalists that fled … Continue reading