- a19372846abcd: #yonghe #taiwan #taipei #sunlight #summer (在...
- Character #497: 辦The character 辦（ㄅㄢˋ） means to handle something,...
- Horizontal text written from left to right
- Horizontal text written from right to left.
- Character #496: 緊The character 緊（ㄐㄧㄣˇ） means tight, or urgent....
- sendmetoasia: 桐花。火車 (by ~小洲~) 臺灣平溪線火車
- cosmosparadise: Taiwanese vendors in 九份.
- Character #495: 綠The character 綠（ㄌㄩˋ） means green. Here is the...
頁面 | Pages
熱門文章和頁面 | Top Posts and Pages
- Music to the PBS documentary "The Buddha"
- Japanese hairstyle websites
- 有關台灣的國際新聞網站 | International news sites and Taiwan
- Anthony Bourdain went to Taipei!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey, California
- Why I carry a sun umbrella
- Names of numbers in Chinese
- 關於 | About
- Drama review: 怪俠一枝梅 (The Vigilantes In Masks)
- Word of the week #33: peony
分類 | Categories
標籤 | Tags
彙整 | Archives
搜尋 | Search
我訂閱的網誌 | Blogs I Follow
我喜歡的文章 | Posts I Like
社區 | Community
版權 | Copyright
© 2010-2013, Thinking About Languages. Unauthorized use and/ or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/ or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Thinking About Languages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Japanese
I’ve been curious lately about the meaning of the results from foreign language exams. I used the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) as the main rubric and found the equivalent levels given by the ACTFL (American Council … Continue reading
I am a big fan of Super Cute Kawaii. They are on the constant lookout for kawaii items from all over. From now until September 17, 2012, they are taking entries for a giveaway – a $25 gift voucher to … Continue reading
There is finally an opening date for the UNIQLO store in San Francisco! I am super excited after reading this press release from Uniqlo. The official opening date for the UNIQLO West Coast flagship store in San Francisco is October … Continue reading
An Uniqlo pop-up store has opened in San Francisco! Here is the press release from the Uniqlo website. The store opened on August 9, 2012 and will continue until the end of September when the Uniqlo flagship store opens. The … Continue reading
One day the word ichigo came to mind, but I could not figure out the meaning of the word. It means strawberry! Chinese: 草莓 [ㄘㄠˇㄇㄟˊ] Japanese: 苺 (イチゴ) (ichigo) Korean: 딸기 (ddalgi) French: une fraise Remember to visit my other … Continue reading
We’re back to the original format for “Word of the Week” posts. Once a week, I explore a word in different languages. The word for this week is firefly, the little insect that lights up. Chinese: 螢火蟲 [ㄧㄥˊ ㄏㄨㄛˇ ㄔㄨㄥˊ] … Continue reading
I’m a bit late to the news – Uniqlo is opening a flagship store in San Francisco. The store will be located at 111 Powell Street, in Union Square. It takes the space that DSW occupied. I am extremely excited … Continue reading
I really liked the book “The Story of Sushi” by Trevor Corson (Harper Perennial 2008). It was smooth read and filled with a lot of information. The book follows students attending a course at a sushi academy in California. The … Continue reading