- shihlun: The first Taiwanese pilot YANG Chin-shi (楊清溪) and his...
- Character #498: 錯The character 錯（ㄘㄨㄛˋ） means mistake or fault....
- a19372846abcd: #ntust #sunlight #green #taiwan #taipei (在...
- a19372846abcd: #yonghe #taiwan #taipei #sunlight #summer (在...
- Character #497: 辦The character 辦（ㄅㄢˋ） means to handle something,...
- Horizontal text written from left to right
- Horizontal text written from right to left.
頁面 | Pages
熱門文章和頁面 | Top Posts and Pages
- Japanese hairstyle websites
- Anthony Bourdain went to Taipei!
- Taiwan and the Olympics: flags and names
- Music to the PBS documentary "The Buddha"
- One pot rice cooker meal
- Time travel through time zones
- 文化 | Cultures
- 關於 | About
- UNESCO's list of endangered languages
- State Farm's Chinese language advertisements featuring 張鈞甯 and 何潤東
分類 | Categories
標籤 | Tags
彙整 | Archives
搜尋 | Search
我訂閱的網誌 | Blogs I Follow
我喜歡的文章 | Posts I Like
社區 | Community
版權 | Copyright
© 2010-2013, Thinking About Languages. Unauthorized use and/ or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/ or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Thinking About Languages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: learning Chinese
I thought of the words 幸福 when I read the LA Times article “In China, gauging happiness is all the rage.” The article translates the words xingfu (幸福) as happiness. However, based on my knowledge, the translation is not exact. … Continue reading
This week’s word is 欣賞 (xing shang). There are many translations for this: to enjoy, to appreciate, to admire. The object being enjoyed or appreciated is a work of art, such as a painting or music. Here are links to … Continue reading